Summer is filled with sunny days, but there are times when all we hear are itty-bitty raindrops. For us, rainy days are simply excuses to stay in and enjoy indoor activities! And we’ve got a brand-new set of free printable activity sheets for the occasion.
Connect the Shapes
Introduce little ones to different shapes and help them improve their matching skills with a colorful game! To play, simply print the sheet and encourage kiddos to draw a line from each shape to its matching ocean buddy. (Or use it as a practice sheet to draw the shapes themselves!)
In addition to our fun and educational printables, here are more activity ideas for those rainy summer days:
- Hide tiny treasures around the house and organize a scavenger hunt.
- Pump up the tunes and play a game of freeze dance with everyone at home!
- Bust out the craft supplies and create mini masterpieces.
- Gather up kid-friendly musical instruments and have a family jam session!
- Get (reasonably) messy in the kitchen and bake sweet treats with kids.
- Make a DIY theatre curtain and encourage kiddos to put together a lil’ play.
- Build a fort out of household objects, then turn on your imagination and transform it into a rocket ship or submarine for tons of pretend play fun.
- Turn your living room into a colorful bowling alley with our Let’s Glow Bowling! set for kids!
- Get comfy on the couch, grab your popcorn, and settle in for a fun movie.
- Put on your coat and rainboots, embrace the rain and go jump in a couple o’ puddles!
Whether the sun is shining or you’re listening to the pitter-patter of rain for a few days, we hope your little ones smile and giggle all season long!